Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Night Circus

by Erin Morgenstern


The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Reves, and it is only open at night.
(Summary retrieved from goodreads.com)

I read this book in the middle of the perfect set of circumstances. It was during a typically unbearable New York City heat wave. I was desperate to escape the heat and my psychotic (former) roommate, and I stumbled upon The Night Circus. It was truly a gift from the book gods. It took me exactly where I needed to go; a dream-like world with a kind of magic I  had never encountered before. The imagery in this book is so beautifully presented to you that the world Morgenstern created would make anyone dream of running away to the circus.

I'M SO UPSET I CAN'T READ THIS AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment