Friday, July 11, 2014

A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail

by Bill Bryson


The Appalachian Trail stretches from Georgia to Maine and covers some of the most breathtaking terrain in America: majestic mountains, silent forests, sparking lakes. If you're going to take a hike, it's probably the place to go. And Bill Bryson is surely the most entertaining guide you'll find. He introduces us to the history and ecology of the trail and to some of the other hardy (or just foolhardy) folks he meets along the way; and a couple of bears.
(Summary retrieved from goodreads.com)


This was the first book I ever read by Bill Bryson and thankfully it lead me to at least 8 other books by him. Unfortunately, I read this book when I had busted every rib on the right side of my body, so reading a book that made me constantly laugh out loud was rather painful. Completely worth it though. Bryson is a magnificent storyteller and has gone on some incredible adventures, all of which are worth reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment