Monday, July 14, 2014

On the Jellicoe Road

by Melina Marchetta

I'm dreaming of the boy in the tree. I tell him stories. About the Jellicoe School and the Townies and the Cadets from a school in Sydney. I tell him about the war between us for territory. And I tell him about Hannah, who lives in the unfinished house by the river. Hannah, who is too young to be hiding away from the world. Hannah, who found me on the Jellicoe Road six years ago.


(Summary retrieved from goodreads.com)

The most important thing to remember when starting this book is that it is written from two perspectives and two different times. This was such a powerful story. Heartbreaking, tense, and powerful. It is a story about rivalry, loss, family, and survival. The characters are [a little too] believable, the setting is stark, and the plot is brutally honest. I couldn't put it down. Just read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment